We are happy to announce a new feature for the University Estates Durham web site, the UED Forums.
The UED community forum is a user forum for posting questions, announcements or just general information on topics that may not be a best fit as an entire neighborhood news posting or crime alerts.
The forum allows for neighbors to post directly to the forum and everyone who visits the UED forum will be able to view the posted topics under several different categories.
The categories for the UED forums to start with are:
- Gardenology – A forum for asking advice and giving tips on gardening.
- Lost and Found – A forum for announcing lost or found items.
- Neighborly Ideas – A forum for neighbor suggested activities for other neighbors to join.
- Questions and Answers – A catch all Q&A forum.
- Recommendations – A forum for recommendations of home service contractors or services.
Participating in the Forum
The link to the UED Forum can be found under the “Community Link” menu.
As a starting point for this new feature all visitors to the forum are allowed to post new topics and responses with no additional registration required. As usage of the forum increases we will evaluate whether registration changes will be necessary.
Posting New Topics
To post a new topic under one of the forum categories:
- Select the forum that best fits your topic.
- Scroll past the existing published topics and find the “Create New Topic in…” section.
- You will be required to enter your name and email address as a minimum to post your new topic. Your email address will not be published in the topic.
- Type in your title for the new topic.
- Type in your text for the new topic.
- Click on Submit.
Responding to Topics
To add a response to a published topic:
- Select the topic of interest.
- Scroll down to the “Reply To…” section.
- Enter your name and email address (email address is not published).
- Enter your response text.
- Click on Submit.
If you would like to learn more about using the UED Forum and read the FAQ please visit the forum and view the “User Guide” document.